WHAT SHOULD WHITE PAPER FOCUS ON TO BRING VALUE TO BITCLOUD?

General BitCloud discussion

Moderator: Core Team

Djfunny28
Has thanked: 0

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 am

I am really happy to see the community progressing and for this forum especially. Now that crypto space is becoming so competitive we need more than just MN rewards to survive the bloody season. Am equally happy for the initiative of making updates to the protocol to add governance system as this will enable active participation and promotion of our community. However, we need a unique selling point right now so that as I plan to promote this coin in my local community to crypto enthusiasts. I would have something catching and a mouth watering offer to give them that they simply can't resist. What do you think we need to do to make this coin unique? What should be on our whitepaper in your opinion?
These users thanked the author Djfunny28 for the post (total 2):
luk (Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:24 am) • quasarbeast (Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am)
luk
Core Team

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Djfunny28 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 am
I am really happy to see the community progressing and for this forum especially. Now that crypto space is becoming so competitive we need more than just MN rewards to survive the bloody season. Am equally happy for the initiative of making updates to the protocol to add governance system as this will enable active participation and promotion of our community. However, we need a unique selling point right now so that as I plan to promote this coin in my local community to crypto enthusiasts. I would have something catching and a mouth watering offer to give them that they simply can't resist. What do you think we need to do to make this coin unique? What should be on our whitepaper in your opinion?
Hi Djfunny28, thank you for your kind words! Currently we don't have any useable utiliy for BitCloud, but after rebranding our wallet and redesigning our Homepage we will start brainstorming and work with our community together to find useable utility for our coin.

I really like to read that you are ready to talk about our coin in your local community, that's really kind ! We will start voting for possible utility for our coin, therewith our community can decide with us.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Lukas
Tezo
Been thanked: 0

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am

Hey guys ! Great project , I see on the master node distribution website , there are absolutely zero nodes in Africa . Need to remedy with a superblock sponsorship for a foundation in country to run a node , crate them some income and actively increase awarenesss at same time .
What do you think ?
luk
Core Team

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:46 am

Tezo wrote:
Hey guys ! Great project , I see on the master node distribution website , there are absolutely zero nodes in Africa . Need to remedy with a superblock sponsorship for a foundation in country to run a node , crate them some income and actively increase awarenesss at same time .
What do you think ?
Hi, how should the foundation work? If you would provide more details I'm sure we can think about it :)
Djfunny28
Has thanked: 0

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 pm

luk wrote:
Tezo wrote:
What do you think ?
Hi, how should the foundation work? If you would provide more details I'm sure we can think about it :)
I would also like to know how the foundation works. It's true that there are currently no nodes in Africa but it doesn't mean people from Africa don't run nodes. I'm from Nigeria and I have a couple of masternodes. The problem seems to be there are no reliable facilities to host a node in many parts of the continent thats why people subscribe to foreign VPS. This of course would show on a distribution graph as foreign nodes. Please explain how you want to run the foundation. I'm interested
These users thanked the author Djfunny28 for the post:
quasarbeast (Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am)
quasarbeast
Team

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 am

Djfunny28 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 pm
luk wrote:
Tezo wrote:
What do you think ?
I would also like to know how the foundation works. It's true that there are currently no nodes in Africa but it doesn't mean people from Africa don't run nodes. I'm from Nigeria and I have a couple of masternodes. The problem seems to be there are no reliable facilities to host a node in many parts of the continent thats why people subscribe to foreign VPS. This of course would show on a distribution graph as foreign nodes. Please explain how you want to run the foundation. I'm interested
This is a great point. You know, people run VPS's wherever they find good deals, or habit brings them. This is a downside of nodes in general, and I often think about how to break this pattern to get nodes truely local.

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
What would it take to setup a raspberry pi to run as a node? Is this even doable? I'm not up-to-date on the technical capabilities.
luk
Core Team

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm

quasarbeast wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am
What would it take to setup a raspberry pi to run as a node? Is this even doable? I'm not up-to-date on the technical capabilities.
It is doable, but we need a developer who is able to compile / create a raspberry pi version of bitcloud for us.