Ideas for Masternode use-cases and adoption

You have any Idea what we can do better? Tell us you idea and / or opinion here

Moderator: Core Team

roadcrypto
Team

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:12 am

I'd like to start a discussion on possible use cases for Bitcloud Masternodes and local adoption. I have an idea of what's achievable and could potentially create a proposal with the information gathered.

Here's a few ideas for Masternodes that could be easily implemented:

1. SMS service. (text messages) - Messages can be sent from the wallet to a mobile phone. A country list is created from the Masternodes' IPs and messages can only be sent from a local carrier. Software that's non-intensive is available to preform this function and does not require being a mobile carrier.

2. Mandatory darksend, forced privacy.

3. Mirror hosting the website / forum

4. Limited bandwidth VPN

About local adoption:

Djfunny28 mentioned incentive to run VPSs in remote regions to distribute the Masternodes. Small communities engaged in cryptocurrencies could benefit from having more technical expertise available and upgrades in internet infrastructure to help boost adoption.

A community-managed VPS would be difficult to implement as code, but i'd like to explore how this is possible. It would take initiative from the person who wants to create more local adoption and would need to be verified by the Bitcloud community somehow. I imagine it would resemble a business plan that once the servers are implemented (paid for, running and verified), then a governance payout would be in order. Although difficult, this would be a great way for local entrepreneurs to build around the BTDX infrastructure, for example, a fiat gateway where rewards are available to the highest fiat bidder.

thoughts, comments, questions? any other ideas that could be implemented?
These users thanked the author roadcrypto for the post:
quasarbeast (Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am)
roadcrypto
Team

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 pm

- Masternodes that support the Bitcoin ecosystem by requiring a Bitcoin full node or SPV server.
quasarbeast
Team

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

As always, I like the way you think...

Here's a quick question, sorta parallel, what's the simplest machine that can run a BTDX MN? Can a RPi do it?
luk
Core Team

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 pm

quasarbeast wrote:
Here's a quick question, sorta parallel, what's the simplest machine that can run a BTDX MN? Can a RPi do it?
I'm sure a RPi can do it, but we need a developer who can compile it
These users thanked the author luk for the post:
roadcrypto (Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:21 pm)
roadcrypto
Team

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm

luk wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 pm
quasarbeast wrote:
I'm sure a RPi can do it, but we need a developer who can compile it
I've never had the pleasure of using a Rasp Pi but I'm really interested in using them for wallets. 1. being in a rural area, not everyone has the latest tech (or even a computer). Being able to provide a piece of hardware when I onboard new people and to help existing customers would be really helpful. 2. merchant adoption. One of the obstacles is hardware. what hardware should they use to accept payment? Someone's cell phone is not a good option because they use it. getting a computer uniquely for crypto is too expensive for merchants who aren't 100% about entering the market.

In combination with the Masternodes running a Bitcoin SPV node, It would make a great tool to onboard people.

As far as the complexities of programming, I'm not sure what the requirements are. I thought you could build the Linux wallet on a Pi as it is. If there is a build made uniquely for the Pi, my suggestion would be that it's more merchant friendly.. showing fiat prices and calculator. (merchant puts fiat value, creates payment request for the amount)

Of course, this would depend on the interest of the Bitcloud community. BTDX being a staking currency, you want to keep it on a full node until you're ready to use it, not carry some around in a light wallet. Using the rewards for making purchases is also appealing to the consumer.

Something like Stakebox, but with an interface would be great: https://www.stakebox.org/collections/stakeboxes

However, the MintBoxes would probably be more versatile (full btdx node + btc light client + merchant calculator) https://www.linuxmint.com/store_mintbox.php

edit: Mini PCs would be cheaper but require more configuration: https://www.gigabyte.com/Mini-PcBarebone/GB-BXBT-1900-rev-10#ov (could be more user friendly for people wanting to install Windows but would require purchasing a copy of the OS)
roadcrypto
Team

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:54 pm

IPFS intergration would be a good use case for Bitcloud, I think.

There's services that offer a pay-to-pin (https://pinbits.io/) it should be possible to implement something similar. From what I understand, it's fairly easy to integrate but verifying that files are hosted might require a little work... or 2 different masternodes: supernodes that host IPFS and regular masternodes that verify that files are available.